Amazing Things to do in Los Gatos This Weekend – Attractions to Cool Restaurants
When you check in to the Camino Inn & Suites in Mountain View, California ask the front desk clerk to let you in on the secret “cool” place to visit in Silicon Valley. You might be surprised when they tell you the place to go is Los Gatos. We have a fabulous weekend in the city to talk about…
Los Gatos is an upscale Bay Area town of approximately 30,000. It was originally the home of a major flour mill. Today, the downtown streets are lined with fancy boutique stores, fine restaurants and art galleries. It is a very walker-friendly town with many parks, tree-lined streets and beautiful Victorian homes.
Source/Photo mountainviewfun.com - Copyright ©2012
A favorite place of the locals, visitors to the area can enjoy a full day of shopping, dining and exploring in this community just outside of San Francisco. Get away from the crowds of the big city and spend the day in this delightful part of California’s Bay Area.
Things You Can See and Do on a Summer Weekend
1. The Farmer’s Market – Every Sunday, from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, Town Plaza Park fills with local growers and producers of organic produce. This is the place to go for the freshest and most delicious fruits and vegetables.
2. Wine Country – The fertile land in this part of California is perfect for growing grapes and producing some of the best wines in California. Nearby wineries offer tours and a chance to sample the many different award-winning wines.
3. Downtown – The sidewalks are clean and the streets are lined with trees. Stroll along the quiet avenues and do some shopping in the boutique stores. Los Gatos is also very well known for its large number of antique shops.
4. Movies – On a hot day, take a break from the weather and catch a movie in the air-conditioned comfort of the Los Gatos Cinema.
5. Art Museum of Los Gatos – A very pleasant place to take a look at the latest trends in the world of art. The Museum concentrates primarily on the works of local artists and regularly rotates its exhibits.
6. History Museum at Forbes Mill – Discover the history of Los Gatos in a building that started out as a flour mill in 1885. In 1950, it was added to the California Registry of Historic Places and, since 1982, it has been the home to the history museum.
7. The Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad – Take a fun and relaxing train ride through the very scenic Oak Meadow and Vasona parks. Climb aboard one of the five passenger cars and let the little steam locomotive take you on a pleasant journey around lakes, over wooden bridges and past lush groves of willows and eucalyptus trees.
Places to Eat in Los Gatos - Try these fantastic restaurants -
1. Forbes Mill Steakhouse – This fine dining establishment was voted as having the “Best Steak in Silicon Valley” by San Jose Magazine. You will enjoy the finest beef, innovative salads, fabulous deserts and a great selection of wine. Open for dinner only. Reservations are strongly suggested.
2. Campo di Bocce – If you want an unusual place to have lunch and also mix in a game of Bocce Ball, this is the place to go. Enjoy traditional Italian cuisine served in a family atmosphere. Try your hand on one of the 8 world class Bocce courts. Don’t worry. If you have never played before, someone will be more than happy to explain the rules and give you some tips.
3. Le Boulanger – A combination Bakery/Café, you will find the best tasting, freshest bread this side of Paris. A simple but tasty breakfast and lunch menu features all types of delicious sandwiches on croissants, baguettes and all of the other freshly baked breads. Try their homemade soups, gourmet pizzas and healthy salads.
Article Copyright ©2012 by mountainviewfun.com – All Rights Reserved Worldwide